Sunday, January 26, 2020


Finish shopping with a day to spare

I wake up early (what else is new) and after all the morning stuff it’s time for breakfast, before it’s all gone!  Ammar isn’t hungry and sends me off by myself.  I go across the street where I know it will be peaceful and there’s a surprise there for me!  When I say good morning to my little buddy, Omer, he holds up his phone with the pictures of Dorina and me on it!  Everyone gets a big kick out of that and now I’m buddies with all the staff.



I’m just about to finish my coffee when Ammar calls to check on me.  I’m ready to go except for one thing.  I need a photo of Omer and then he asks for a photo with us together!  

Back across the street we think about what we want to do today.  There are a few more items on the shopping list (sure glad my family doesn’t send me off with requests!) and then we want seafood for dinner.  Apparently that makes men strong!  :)  We wind up under the Galatea Bridge, just as Ted recommended.  The seafood restaurants are all lined up like ducks in a shoot gallery!  We settle on Cansin Fish& Kebab House.  A lot of Arabic flows back and forth between Ammar and the waiter and I have no idea what’s coming.  The only question I was asked is “Do you like fish soup?”  I asked what he had ordered and Ammar said, “Do you trust me?”  Silly question to be asking after almost a week!




Olive oil with chopped olives

Wall to wall people on the docks

Fish soup and little baby shrimp

Yum!

Shrimp with mushrooms, peppers, and tomatoes




I thought we were through!  But no!  Now comes the real entree!  I don't what kind of fish it is;  but Ammar had noticed that my sea bass the other night had lots of little bones and he made sure that wouldn't happen tonight.  And it was delicious!

Isn't he adorable!

And, of course, we finish with Turkish tea. I just love the little tulip glasses.

So much sea traffic!



I finally get to sample some Raki!  It tastes like anise and is pretty potent and yummy!

We are quite proficient at tram travel and return home for a little relaxation and blog time, then go looking for dessert and Turkish coffee.  






When we come home I start to think the unthinkable - I need to organize prior to packing.  I finally have time to try on the beautiful clothes that Ammar brought me from Jordan!  A bit more blogging before bedtime.

This is our street!

Such a gorgeous party dress!

blogging

Matching Jordanian hoodies!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday, January 27, 2020

Saturday, January 25, 2020 - final update

Friday, January 24, 2020